Saturday, May 1, 2010

Melbourne

Mr S & I took a trip down to Melbourne on the Anzac long weekend. Mr S is originally from Victoria and we try to get back there at least once a year. Hopefully this year we will be taking another trip later in the year.
Anyway, on the advice of the May 2010 issue of Australian House & Garden city breaks article we decided to have lunch on our first day at Hu Tong Dumpling Bar, 14-16 Market Lane Melbourne. Well all I can say about that is, yummo!!! Great choice House & Garden. In Brisbane we don't really have any dumpling bars, not that I have found anyway. Mr S & I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. I managed to get a few photo's.



Beautiful light that I just had to take a photo of. The photo doesn't actually do it justice

Our table setting

My favourite beer to wash the food down with.


Our first course of prawn dumplings




Scallop, chive, garlic & prawn dumplings


Double cooked sliced pork with chilli

I would have given Hu Tong a 10 out of 10 but then the next day we went to a place called Lucky Chans at the Crown complex with some friends and it won hands down. I would have to say it was the best yum cha I have ever eaten. Unfortunately I did not get any photo's of it. There probably would have been too many to put on here. It was a massive feast with 6 adults & 4 kids. Don't think I would have been able to keep up with all the dishes that came out. All I can say is that if you get the chance, go there for some of the best yum cha I have ever tasted.

There will be more to come on Melbourne later. I had the best meal of my life on that trip at a little place called Rockpool Bar & Grill, have you heard of it? Not so little though. Will talk about that one next time.

Hope you are having a great weekend. Bye xx00

No comments:

Post a Comment