Monday, July 5, 2010

My Birthday lunch

Lunch with Matilda for my birthday was fantastic.  We went to a place called  Wagamana and it was really nice.  I had the chicken katzu curry and some duck gyoza and of course I forgot to take my camera out of my bag to take photo's so I stole the below photo's off Wagamama's facebook page.

Mmmm I just love duck and these were delicious.


The chicken katsu came out looking exactly like the picture above.  It was the best katsu I have ever tasted.  The chicken was moist, not over cooked like most have them have always been and the curry sauce had a really lovely flavour.  I had also ordered a green tea but only took one sip of that.  Think it had brewed for too long.  It was really strong and way to bitter for my liking.

After lunch we went to a place called Freestyle Tout for coffee and cake.  Again I forgot to take my camera out so luckily they had a picture of what I had on their website.  The only difference was I asked for vanilla ice cream to come with mine.  Chocolate would have just been to much for me, and mine had more hot chocolate fudge sauce.  Not sure what the sauce is in the below picture.  The brownie was warm, very moist and absolutely delicious.








No comments:

Post a Comment